Facebook has lots of interesting videos but no direct option to just
download what you're watching. However, with just a couple of clicks,
you can often download those videos and save them for future
entertainment or posterity. In this article, you'll learn a couple of
ways to download Facebook videos for free using a third-party. Just
follow these instructions.
- Find a video you like. Most likely, your current news feed will contain several to experiment with.
- Many of the videos posted on Facebook are hosted by YouTube, and
simply shared on Facebook. To grab those, you'll need to download them directly from YouTube. (The site hosting the video will generally be embedded in the video frame.)
- A video that is actually hosted by Facebook won’t credit any other website.
- Many of the videos posted on Facebook are hosted by YouTube, and simply shared on Facebook. To grab those, you'll need to download them directly from YouTube. (The site hosting the video will generally be embedded in the video frame.)
- 2Grab the link. To get the link to a Facebook video, right-click on the name of the video and select Copy link address or Copy link location.
- 3Go to FBDOWN.net ( http://fbdown.net ) OR FacebookVideoz.Com ( http://facebookvideoz.com ) . Those are 2 websites that are very simple and straightforward, and lets you pull in any Facebook-hosted video, where you can share it back to Facebook, tweet it, embed it in your blog or website, or download it. Like YouTube, it even has a provision for making comments. The link is provided below.
- 4Paste the URL. At the top of the page, click in the Enter the video link field, and paste the link URL into that field.
- 5Click Download. A link to the video you selected as well as new links will appear in a new page containing HD (High Definition) or SD Video.
- 6Save the video. Right-click Download Video in High Quality or Download Video in Low Qualityand select Save As. This will open a dialog box asking you where you’d like to save the mp4.
- Open the video in a new window. You can also left-click Download this Video, which will open a new tab showing the video. Right-clicking on the video from here will also give you the option to save, but only if you have Quick Time Pro.
- 7Choose a download name and location and click Save.